What are the recommendations for the selection of fireproof welding blankets?
1. In order to enhance the protective effect during operation, a multi-layer composite fire blanket should be used.
2. The fireproof welding blanket has been treated with different coatings to achieve different usage effects. Such as waterproof, abrasion resistance, corrosion resistance, oil resistance, temperature resistance and temperature resistance time, etc. The user should select the appropriate fire blanket according to the specific application requirements.
3. For covering objects and equipment, a soft and flexible fire blanket should be selected. If you cover large objects or equipment, you should choose a large fire blanket-covering tarpaulin.
4. Welding blankets with a thickness of less than 0.6mm should be used vertically to avoid sparks from penetrating the welding blanket; for horizontal use, a welding blanket with a thickness greater than 0.6mm should be selected.
Home Safety Emergency Fire Protection Fire Blanket Fiberglass Welding Blanket
Suntex safety emergency fire blankets are made from premium fiberglass woven fabrics, coated on both sides and stitched with Kevlar.No itch to the skin, impermeable and lightweight, totally asbestos-free. Used on fires involving flammable liquids, a small fire in the kitchen. Suntex fire blankets conform to EN 1869-1997.
Sizes available:1m*1m,1.2m*1.2m,1.2m*1.5m,1.2m*1.8m,1.5m*1.8m,1.8m*1.8m or customized
Suntex Industrial fire blankets are made from fiberglass woven fabrics and are able to withstand temperature up to 5500C. Totally asbestos-free.The blankets are well suited for welding, grinding spark and spatter protection for industries, gas station, warehouse, building ground.
Roll form or prefabricated blankets are available.
Sizes available:1.2m*1.8m,1.5m*1.8m,1.8m*1.8m,3m*3m,4m*6m,6m*8m,8m*8m,or customized
How to choose a welding blanket or cloth.
General applications of welding blanket or cloth.
-Light duty - general purpose welding, light sparks, and small spatter. Not recommended for horizontal application.
-Medium duty - heavier welding, sparks, spatter, and light slag.
-Heavy-duty - heavy sparks, spatter, slag, and molten metal.
-Stress relief - choose soft materials recommended for Stress relief applications. The coated materials usually are not recommended for stress relief applications.
2. Determine the dimensions of the area to be protected.
Suntex provides welding cloth in roll form or in prefabricated blankets. Consider dimensions of the area to be protected and determine what form is suitable.
3. Select the finished blanket or cloth.
-Stiff material coated material has better abrasion resistance. Stiffer to allow spatter and slag to roll off easily.
-Soft material uncoated material is pliable. this material is easy to be draped over and wrapped around objects. it's usually used for stress relief applications.
-Weight and thickness of material the heavier and thicker material provide better protection and take longer to burn through.
Size are available : 1.0m*1.0m,1.2m*1.2m,1.2m*1.8m,1.5m*1.5m,1.8m*1.8m,2.0m*2.0m,3.0m*3.0m
--welding blanket and curtains
--removable insulation cover
--high temperature insulation
--heat shield and containment
--other fire and smoke control systems